Here come’s one more success story of a kid’s relocation. This is all about a kid named “Srinivasan” of kupppam that I have recently relocated.
The kid was studying 8th standard in an English medium school of kuppam. A person took him out of his home telling him that he will show him a movie shooting in Goa. The kid being betrayed by him came along with him. And as usual he left the kid some where in some unexpected situations.
This kid’s relocation was not at all a tough job. All I have done is that i spoke to him for around 10Min. That is it. He has given the clear address, his fathers name, mothers name, the school he is studying, and also the phone number of his neighbors. I came to know that his father is Dumb and so, I called the neighbor and spoke to his mother.
Got a very good response from his mother and neighbors. His mother was very happy with this and said that she will be starting to Chennai the next day. I have given her the address of GBH and explained her all other formalities.
Hope to relocate more kids from GBH.
Very bad to see this in the newspaper this morning(1st Sep 2008).
My Condolences to M Santosh and may his soul rest in Peace.
This post is all about Give Life Chennai Marathon that i have participated this morning along with some of my mates in TCS. My company registered us as a part of TCS-Maitree and we are asked to assemble at the War Memorial chennai at 6.30AM.
Woke up in the morning at 4.30 and started in a local train to war memorial. I have seen lot of people have boarded the same train which i am in with their own sports attire. It started raining when i am in the train and when I got down the train and started towards the War Memorial, these are the things that I observed.
- A Rainbow giving a warm welcome to all the participants that came to run for a cause.
- Different groups of people with their respective flags and T-Shirts.
- Some people with their Marg-I LOVE CHENNAI T-Shirt.
- Typical sport shorts.
- Sport shoes
- Police blocking the road that leads to War Memorial to avoid vehicles getting in to the road.
- Co-runners waking towards the war memorial to meet their groups.
- Cheer leaders getting ready to cheer the crowd.
- School kids with their professional bands.
- Ambulances from different hospitals like Life Line, Appolo etc., for the emergency assistance
- Charitable organizations getting ready to distribute free water packets.
- THE HINDU volunteers, supplying free sun caps and T-Shirts.
- Registration Number boards.
- Crowds shouting their own slogans.
- Volunteers directing the crowd to the right place as per their registration.
- Mic set’s everywhere with the Chennai Marathon Anthem coming out of them.
- A very big queue of people heading towards THE HINDU COUNTER to collect their free sun caps and T-Shirts.
I Called up few of my friends to check where they are and finally we 10 of us have assembled at one point. We then realized that there are lot of TCS guy’s scattered somewhere in the crowd. Manjula, Maitree Coordinator has gone to the announcer to give an announcement for TCS participants. We then started waving TCS’s Maitree flag on the stage on the dance floor to gather all the TCS participants.
I was able to locate Mukund and Charan in this huge crowd. And when these guys have come, the fun started with photo session and slogan shouts. Atlast we were able to locate lot of TCS guys and we finally we around 50-60. Everybody have assembled at one point and we all had the official number places on our chests. By this time the 7KM run has already started, and we ran with a big shout.
Even though it is supposed to be a run, there is no much of actual run because of the heavy crowd. We hardly ran in the Marathon. “TCS KA HALLA GULLA…………..! HU HA HU HA”. “MAITREE KA HALLA GULLA!…………. HU HA HU HA”. “CHENNAI KA HALLA GULLA…..! HU HA HU HA”. These are the slogans by charan that attracted the concentration of the crowd around, when the TCS guys are moving towards the destination. And this way, the Marathon ended successfully and Maitree’s participation in it notable.
I see lot of old people and small kid’s that are running in view of giving charity. Every participant in this had their own contribution in making this event a grand success. The organizers have taken lot of efforts to make the arrangements for this events. And THE POLICE, Whew……… They have really done a very good job. Cheer leaders have danced until they are damn tired, to cheer up the running crowd.
I feel very good and happy to participate in this…………
- Because I see lot of unity among the people that represent CHENNAI.
- Because I see all of them that are running for a great cause.
- Because I see all the people joining hands together and telling the homeless kid’s that “we are all there, and we will always be there for them”.
- Because I see lot of smiles and laughs among people.
My day has become really meaningful with the participation in this event. As soon as I came home I uploaded the photos in to Picasa and below is the album.
Give Life Chennai Marathon – Web Album
I am very excited to write this post as I am able to relocate a mentally retarded kid who is unfortunately been separated from his parents before 8 months.
A 12 Year old kid Mohammad Hakeem, son of Mohammad basha (sells old properties) is been separated from warangal during the occasion of his sisters marriage. This kid has some how reached Chennai Central railway station, where the police squad for child care has taken him in to custody.
What should this squad do?
This squad, sitting at Central Railway Station (Chennai), is suppose to search for separated/ran away kids from different places and take them in to custody. These may also have to speak to the kid and fid out where he is from and why he has ran away/been separated. If he is not able to find out any thing from the kid’s answers, they have to send this kid to GBH (Government Boys Home).
What is GBH and what should it do:
GBH is a Government Home for the children who are separated and ran away from their homes. There are two sections in GBH. Section I of GBH should take care of children who are recently been separated from their parents at different places, by providing them temporary shelter, clothing and food. When a kid is in Section I, its means that government is still trying to relocate this particular kid by different means.
Section II of GBH should take care of the kids’ shelter, food, clothing and education. If a kid is at Section II (They call it HOME), it means that Govt is not able to relocate this kid and so is taking care of him.